Hollywood, Calif. – February 27, 2023 – On March 4, Netflix is turning Chris Rock’s newest, live stand-up special, Chris Rock: Selective Outrage, into an entire evening of live entertainment from some of the world’s funniest comedians, with a pre-show and post-show bookending Chris Rock’s comedy event. The Show Before the Show pre-show on Saturday, March 4 at 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET will stream live from The World Famous Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip, hosted by Ronny Chieng with Arsenio Hall, Leslie Jones, Deon Cole, and more.
The show’s comedians will count down to the historic live Netflix comedy event Chris Rock: Selective Outrage, produced and directed by Joel Gallen. The half-hour will include live commentary from fellow comedians and special messages from some of Rock’s friends including Amy Schumer, Cedric the Entertainer, Ice-T, Jerry Seinfeld, Kevin Hart, Matthew McConaughey, Sir Paul McCartney, Sarah Silverman, Wanda Sykes, and more.
At 7pm PT/10pm ET, legendary comedian, writer, director and actor Chris Rock will be the first artist to perform a live-streaming Netflix special. Immediately following, don’t move! David Spade and Dana Carvey will be hosting The Show After The Show with special guests 6x NBA Champion and 6x MVP Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, JB Smoove, Arsenio Hall, and more live from the Comedy Store wrapping up the epic night.
“March 4 will be a hilarious evening, with an incredible set from Chris Rock – one of the greatest stand-ups of all-time – and contributions from an amazing lineup of special guests,” said Robbie Praw, Netflix Vice President of Stand-up and Comedy Formats. “Our goal is to deliver the best stand-up comedy to our members and this live streaming event further reinforces all the ways we continue to invest in the genre.”
The pre and post-show will be produced by Den of Thieves and directed by Joe DeMaio and executive produced by Jill Leiderman and Den of Thieves’ Jared Morell.
Selective Outrage is Rock’s second Netflix stand-up special. His first, Chris Rock: Tamborine, debuted in February 2018.
The live event builds on Netflix’s legacy of leadership in live comedy. Netflix is a Joke: The Festival was the biggest live, in-person event in Netflix history, taking place in Spring 2022. The unprecedented event sold more than 260,000 tickets, featuring more than 330 comedians performing 295 shows across more than 35 venues in Los Angeles. The festival also featured the first-ever stand-up show at Dodger Stadium.
How to watch Chris Rock: Selective Outrage on March 4
· 6:20pm PT/9:20pm ET: A “Watch Live” red play button will be available for members. If members click on the “Watch Live” button prior to the official start, they will be taken to a waiting room until the pre-show starts.
· 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET: The Show Before the Show begins, hosted by Ronny Chieng.
· 7pm PT/10pm ET: Chris Rock: Selective Outrage begins.
· Members will be able to rewind, pause and jump to Live.
· If members join late, they can opt to “Play from the Beginning” or start watching from where the Live currently is.
· If members pop out of the Live event, the title will remain under the “Continue Watching” row.
· Chris Rock: Selective Outrage will also be available for streaming on Netflix following the live event.
· The Show Before the Show and The Show After The Show will only be available live on March 4.