It looks like they won’t be Bad Boys for life after all.
Martin Lawrence revealed this week that the long-awaited sequel to 1995’s “Bad Boys” and 2003’s “Bad Boys II” is getting harder and harder to make happen 14 years after the last film, Entertainment Weekly reports.
“I don’t think we’re going to get one, not the way everything’s turning out,” Lawrence told EW. “Will (Smith) is off doing another movie, and I don’t think it’s going to happen.”
Over the last few months, the film “Bad Boys for Life” lost its director and its release date, Nov. 9, 2018, was pushed back indefinitely.
Smith had said last year that the film was “very, very, very close,” but it looks like he was wrong.
“I’m there, I’m ready right now,” Lawrence told EW. “If they wanted to do it, I’m ready, but I don’t have control of that. That’s the studio’s decision.”
Lawrence had first confirmed the third installment almost exactly three years ago on Aug. 14, 2014 during an appearance on Conan O’Brien’s late show.
“Bad Boys” followed two Miami-Dade police detectives, played by Lawrence and Smith, who are sent on a mission to find $100 million in heroin heisted from the station. The second film followed the detectives as they worked to stop drug trafficking.